S.3223 imposes severe, unconstitutional restrictions and penalties on both buyers and sellers of ammunition.
S.3223 makes it harder for citizens to buy ammo by forcing them to jump through the same hoops required for buying a firearm.
And, in an obvious attempt to effectively force small retailers to stop selling ammunition, S.3223 makes any retailer who sells ammunition subject to warrantless searches, extensive paperwork, record keeping and possible monetary and legal penalties.
Burdens on Buyers
- Must wait for a response from NICS before getting ammo.
- Much harder to find and buy ammunition.
- Can’t buy ammo from retailers for someone else.
- Limited to a maximum of 100 rounds of .50 caliber per five days.
- Limited to a maximum of 1,000 rounds of non-.50 caliber per five days.
- Requires affidavit stating that the purchase will not cause maximum to be exceeded.
- Must provide Social Security Number.
- Up to $150,000,000 of your taxes will be added to the already-bloated NICS budget.
- NICS wait times will likely be significantly increased.
Burdens on Sellers
- Must submit a NICS background check on the buyer.
- Increases ammunition license fee to $1000/year.
- Must keep records of each ammo sale for at least two years.
- Must send paperwork for every ammo sale to the Attorney General of United States within 30 days of sale.
- Subject to fines and imprisonment for willful violations.
- New signage-posting requirements.
- In many cases, the U.S. Attorney General may now conduct warrantless searches.
Don’t let this violation of your right to keep and bear arms stand. Contact the U.S. Senate Committee on the Judiciary now.
List of U.S. Senate Committee on the Judiciary Members
|Senator Dick Durbin||Email Form|
|Senator Lindsey Graham||Email Form|
|Senator Sheldon Whitehouse||Email Form|
|Senator Amy Klobuchar||Email Form|
|Senator Chris Coons||Email Form|
|Senator Richard Blumenthal||Email Form|
|Senator Mazie Hirono||Email Form|
|Senator Cory Booker||Email Form|
|Senator Alex Padilla||Email Form|
|Senator Jon Ossoff||Email Form|
|Senator Peter Welch||Email Form|
|Senator Laphonza Butler||Email Form|
|Senator Chuck Grassley||Email Form|
|Senator John Cornyn||Email Form|
|Senator Mike Lee||Email Form|
|Senator Ted Cruz||Email Form|
|Senator Josh Hawley||Email Form|
|Senator Tom Cotton||Email Form|
|Senator John Kennedy||Email Form|
|Senator Thom Tillis||Email Form|
|Senator Marsha Blackburn||Email Form|